Taylor Implements was founded in 1946 in Athens, Tennessee. The company was named after one of its five founders, J.H. Taylor, who was also the first president and design engineer. The first product was a wheel type subsoiler, followed by a bush & bog harrow, disc tiller and disc plow. The company specialized in all types of tillage equipment and soon became a leading supplier of these implements in the Southeastern U.S.
In 1978 Taylor Implements was sold to Pittsburgh Forgings Company, whose Pittsburgh Implement Division had been in business since 1947. The product lines of the two farm equipment divisions were a good fit and in 1982 the Pittsburgh Implement plant in Coraopolis, PA was merged into the Taylor Implements operation in Tennessee. Since that time the company has operated as Taylor Pittsburgh Implement.
In 1984, the company added rotary cutters, mowers and small tractor implements to its product mix, further expanding the company’s penetration into the farm equipment market. TIC United Corporation of Dallas, Texas purchased Taylor-Pittsburgh Implements in 1988. Current ownership acquired the company in 2001, company has added many more implements to its product mix, sub-soilers, sub compact equipment to name a few.